Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Meeting Malachi

Today, as I was taking my lunch break at the Service Station Cafe, I met the sweetest baby boy named Malachi. His father Tim, commented on something I said to the barista and then I noticed his adorable ten month old baby. Tim apparently has seen me in the Service Station before (I am a frequent customer) and asked me if I had heard the story of his little boy. I remarked that I had not and so he began to tell me how it all began. And so the story goes...

Tim and his wife have been trying to have a baby for a very long time, they have tried practically everything you could think of and to no avail. This last year they got involved in a church here in Spokane and through a connection in the church decided to adopt a baby. Very soon after making this decision, they got a phone call about a newborn baby that was ready to be adopted. Malachi was only 2lbs when he was born, so he stayed in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) until he was a healthy weight to take home. Fortunately for Tim's wife, she was working in the hospital in the NICU, so she was able to have special bonding time early on with their new baby.

Malachi is the sweetest tempered boy and when you smile at him, he smiles back and kicks his feet in joy! I only wish I could have gotten a picture of him for you to see. He doesn't understand it yet, but he is already such a blessing to his parents. It's so encouraging to hear a story like Malachi's and to see God's work in people's lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment