Saturday, March 12, 2011

Make Your Own Greek Yogurt

Fellow Greek yogurt lovers, want to save some money on Greek yogurt? Here's how, make your own!
The other day I was talking with one of my coworkers on how much I love to eat Greek yogurt, but saying that I didn't like how much more expensive it is compared to regular yogurt. She told me she actually makes her own. Want to know how? It's really easy!

What you'll need:
Plain lowfat or nonfat yogurt (I like Nancy's)
Strainer
Coffee filter or papertowel
Large bowl (big enough to fit strainer)

Line a strainer with a coffee filter or papertowel, place over large bowl. Take yogurt and dump into a strainer. Save the yogurt container for later use. Put yogurt into refrigerator and let sit for several hours, you should see liquid in the bottom of your bowl. The longer you let it sit, the thicker your yogurt will get. I like mine really thick so I leave it in the refrigerator overnight. After you let it sit, discard the leftover liquid and put the yogurt back into the container. It's that simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment